SAUT students create an energetic community where diverse personalities and interests thrive inside and outside the classroom. Whether you come from around the corner or around the globe, discover our campus.
Below you will find information on societies and clubs you might be interested in, as well as listings for concerts and plays, varsity events, cultural and trivia nights. Perhaps you are looking to contribute your time and energy to a cause you really believe in. These are all great ways to meet new people and get involved in the SAUT community!
Clubs, Societies and Student Leadership
SAUT Students Organisation(SAUTSO)
The SAUTSO is your student organisation and your voice on campus. The SAUTSO actively represent, support and assist the diverse interests of all SAUT students. All registered students are automatically members and enjoy all the rights and privileges granted of this body.Foreign students also have their own advisory body known as the Foreign Students’ Body(FSB),through which they can forward their grievances and suggestions.
SAUTSO should be very vocal on issues relating to improving the quality of University and avoid defending students who violate University Regulations and students By-laws.Students’ representation allows for students’ views to be heard and assist the University in making decisions that take into account student welfare.
Clubs and Societies
SAUT have many Clubs and Societies below are some of them.
Students Environmental Management Association (SEMA)
SEMA of St. Augustine University of Tanzania is an association established by students. It is a non profit association dedicated to environmental management and conservation. It is voluntary operated by students.Though it is a student’s based association, SEMA operates under the umbrella of the university in a given country. However, SEMA has a vision of expanding its services across borders.
The main objective of SEMA is to manage and conserve the environment, the goal being to ensure environmental sustainability and achieving sustainable development.
- Providing environmental education within the university, communities around the campus and the public at large
- Conservation of environment, by planting trees, creating gardens and recreation areas
- Conducting environmental dialogues and forums
- Conducting environmental surveys, researches and tour studies based on environmental issues.
- Planting of more than 200 trees around the university. The trees are now being used as shade for students when conducting their private studies
- Creation of gardens at the university, which has changed the looking of the environmental surroundings and students are now using the garden as a resting place during their ample time
- Various environmental tours have been organized by SEMA whereby students have been able to learn about ecosystem, environmental conservation strategies and promoting internal tourism.
Youth of the United Nations Association (YUNA)YUNA SAUT branch is one of the UN Chapters in the world. It is a voluntary small association by students. It is formed by youths, students, to function as focal points linking YUNA with youths in the collages and universities all over Tanzania. It is aimed at enhancing their awareness on the work of the United Nations. The Chapter offers students an opportunity to plan and actively participate in various UN priority issues and make a positive contribution to the development of the community.[/accordion_toggle]
[accordion_toggle title="AIESEC"]AIESEC SAUT is one of the few AIESEC chapters here in Tanzania that was established in November, 2008 at the St. Augustine University of Tanzania initially with approximately 20 members. Other chapters are IFM, MZUMBE, UDSM and TUMAINI-Iringa
Sports and Recreation
SAUT has facilities for sports ansd recreation allowing students to participate in popular indoor and outdoor games.With clubs for football, baskeball, volleyball, netball, badminton and darts, you are certain to find something that you are interested in.
On special occasions,films are shown to members of the SAUT community.Students can also arrage,through the SAUTSO Social Welfare Ministry,social functions such as dances,drama and so forth.