The main objective of SEMA is to manage and conserve the environment, the goal being to ensure environmental sustainability and achieving sustainable development.
- Providing environmental education within the university, communities around the campus and the public at large
- Conservation of environment, by planting trees, creating gardens and recreation areas
- Conducting environmental dialogues and forums
- Conducting environmental surveys, researches and tour studies based on environmental issues.
- Planting of more than 200 trees around the university. The trees are now being used as shade for students when conducting their private studies
- Creation of gardens at the university, which has changed the looking of the environmental surroundings and students are now using the garden as a resting place during their ample time
- Various environmental tours have been organized by SEMA whereby students have been able to learn about ecosystem, environmental conservation strategies and promoting internal tourism.